Dishonorable Justice

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Making the blind see!

In the early eighties I was a disc jockey and I had just moved to Sumter, South Carolina out of a short stint in college in Tulsa Oklahoma. My father had talked me into going into business with him opening a convenience store called the Quick Stop which was located on Broad Street. A few months before we bought the store I decided to do one last party at the Recreation Center at Shaw Air Force Base. My intention was to make a few thousand dollars to get by while I waited to get started with the store and my dad. Over the previous ten years I had invested over fifty thousand dollars in sound equipment, records, fog machines, flash pots complete with the explosives, and an out of this world light show. I've never been a small thinker, I have always given every business I have helped start one hundred percent, every investor and associate has profited greatly from my efforts. But God Almighty had a different plan for my life that night at the recreation center at Shaw Air Force Base.





I had been having a really bad day, I was in a rush, and my trip to the emergency room at Toumey Regional Medical Center just four hours before showtime for a motorcycle accident where Robert and I were thrown from my bike as we avoided a head on collision with a car coming at us in our lane. I was hurting so bad while I was setting up the equipment - it was hard to breath - caused from the impact with the trees from the earlier crash. Some of the troops that worked at the center also gave us a hand moving the hundreds of pieces of equipment out of my trailer and onto the stage before the party began. In the transit a few of the switches on the control panel must have been moved into an unsafe position. In my haste I began filling the flash pots without looking at the position of the switches.When I got to the ninth pot and loaded the powder into the pot it was like I instantly exploded the massive flash of the entire quart size container in my left hand caught the spark of the massive fireball that ensued. My hair was melted away instantly, except for the small areas where the band of a hat I had been wearing dissolved on my head. The Beale of the hat was on fire as I laid there some thirty feet backwards from the explosion. The skin was burned away instantly as the flash pots exploded, even the retinas in my eyes had been instantly burned away according to the doctor and health care workers at the scene with military medics and then later Toumey's health care professionals.





Completely conscious of my surroundings but totally blind I thought I was in hell from the second the explosion occurred. The pain was unbearable but god gave me the strength to overcome it. The troops around me immediately called for help as they tried to smother the flames from my hat and the clothes that I was wearing. I had in the blink of an eye first second and third degree burns over forty percent of my body. All of the burns were on the front of my body as the back was shielded from the blast somewhat. Had I been able to cry I know I would have at that moment but even my tear ducts had been burned away outwardly. I constantly cried out to God anyway to help take the pain away. I would have settled for the easy way out at that time but the grace of god had other plans for me. Once the ambulance had arrived at the Toumey Emergency entrance I heard in my anguish a worker remark that my identification was the same as a Quick that had just left there earlier in the day from a motorcycle accident. They had already given me Demerol in the ambulance on the way from Shaw as a remedy to the horrible burning pain I was suffering. They were joking that I must be trying to kill myself. I guess they thought I was out from the medication but I was actually in a constant state of prayer. I pleaded with god to please not let them touch the open burns. It seemed like an eternity before the burning would stop. I was begging god to please let me see again, I didn't want to be a burden on anyone, I wanted to be a success in life. I wanted to pain to go away and my sight to come back. I wanted out of the darkness and only God himself to get me out of there.





For a little over three days I prayed that god would let me see I prayed after every visit with the doctor and every session with the nurses as they performed their duties. Every second I was awake I prayed to god to deliver me from this. Clearly on every visit the doctor said I had burned the retinas in my eyes and there is nothing short of a miracle that would allow me to get my vision back completely. Definitely I was facing a life of blindness. I begged god to please let me see again! A man that I thought was a local pastor at the time came into my room as I was saying that prayer. He had an awkward speech pattern that I have searched for since. He ask if I wanted to pray with him because when two or more gather and pray together for the same thing then that prayer will be answered. He said he had been praying with others in the hospital and he had heard me crying out to God. We prayed that god would bring back my sight and we specifically ask for twenty twenty vision. We prayed that god would bless me in every job and business I ever operated. We prayed that god would prevent any scaring on my face, neck, chest, and arms. We specifically ask that god replace the burned retinas in my eyes that I might see.



Just moments after we began thanking god in anticipation of granting all that we had asked for in our prayers the nurse walked into the room as I could hear the click of the door. The pastors voice seemed to end just when the nurse walked into the room. In his silence I ask that he please stay while she removes the gauze from my eyes that protected them from the yellow gooey Slav that the nurses and doctors would put on the open burns covering my body. She ask if I needed any more Demerol and I said you know I don't think I need it. As she removed the patches from my eyes it was like blinding white light like coming out of total darkness for over three days to spotlights over your bed. As my awe took over me and I saw that she was the only one there I ask if she saw where the man went that had been praying with me. She said sternly to me there is no man here just me and you Mr. Quick as she read off my chart. Everything is so white in here, your uniform, the walls, the curtains. Of course it is Mr. Quick she replied, but there is no way you could be seeing that through that crusty mess where your eye used to be. But I can see you I told her from the second you removed those patches. For the next eight hour shift she tested me with how many fingers and what color is the polish on them. She sent in almost every nurses aid and doctor in the vicinity to test me. In all the ciaos I never saw that angel or heard his voice again.



I have however heard the voice of god during more than seventeen thousand prayers I have had with him since that day over twenty five years ago. Each day I have ask him to bless my life and lead me down the right path, I seek his help in my decision making process. Although I have fallen short of his grace many times I know that through the blood of his son Jesus I have been forgiven and when the rapture takes place I am not planning on hanging around here. I am writing this testimony to gods greatness and I pray for the souls of the lost daily. My only regret in all this is that god has given me such a powerful testimony and I've always been too shy of a crowd to give it. Besides no one listens anymore. The worlds populations have become completely blind to whats going on around them. The middle class has watched the value of their one real solid asset their home drastically loose its value. If they had a hundred thousand in their 401K in 2001 then they have about thirty five thousand now. All the while fund managers have shorted and profited off all the losses. The phrase "shorted" this is where you make money as stocks go down for the market illiterate. In the near future in those hearings they always have on capital hill with those numbers professionals that you trusted your money to lawyers will find a way to soak the American taxpayer. Lawyers are the people we trust our entire future with. We elect them for the most part to create laws that are supposed to make America a law abiding society.



Somewhere along the way man has slipped off a cliff, lawyers are in every part of government, they write laws with loopholes so they can charge the citizen twenty thousand dollar retainers to get them out of trouble. Politicians take bribes from white collar criminals to keep problems from cropping up in the criminal world they have created or keeping them from being exposed to the public that they serve. I believe god delivered me from blindness and my entire life since that day has been to this purpose and that is to expose this corruption before they destroy our country and attempt to turn its people away from Jesus. Sumter on the face is a beautiful small city with the population of just over forty thousand people. Under the face Sumter is number three in the nation per capita for crime. Detroit is number one and Memphis is number two.

No comments: